NGO PROJECTS FACILITATED BY R S S MANI & ASSOCIATES (WITH YOUR WILLING SUPPORT )
At the outset, let me reiterate that it is the wonderful & spontaneous individual support provided by people like you & me over the last few years has enabled us to reach several deserving poor & needy children in their educational pursuits.
Prof R S S Mani (a wonderful mentor & guide to many ) was recently bestowed the SAMAJ SHAKTI AWARD for his outstanding contribution in the sphere of education recently .This award was presented by a leading philanthropic organisation i.e the HARIHARAPUTRA SAMAJ, Mumbai has helped thousands groom their careers and continues to do so via his career guidance services not only in India but also abroad. Thus he is in infact a willing mentor and guide to many not only in Mumbai but all over India and even abroad. Besides thay are actively involved in psychological counseling, family counseling and such on an individual basis.
Besides they conduct refresher courses for school /college teachers in the areas of personality development and offer career planning and guidance for students in schools /colleges .The motto driving Prof Mani is that ;he does not negotiate commercial terms with any school /college for any work done for them and accepts what they can offer ; BUT no educational institution that needs his help is denied help because of inability to pay .Infact his entire team of consultants & trainers live by this noble motto and offer their services to several institutions all over India on a regular basis ...In fact Prof Mani along with his friends and well wishers facilitates several educational initiatives in the Chembur (where he stays ) to PANVEL belt .In the academic year 2007-2008 ,they have provided educational support to about 300 destitute /poor kids to enable them to continue their education .Most of this support is in the form of fees,books,school stationery, raincoats,umbrellas, school bags ,nutritional drinks ... to name a few. Most students and their parents are in regular touch with him and the academic performance of the beneficiaries is also monitored by them .Infact over the last 8 years ,some of these poor kids have even completed their graduation & after being trained with Prof Mani ,have joined blue chip companies in roles such as administration assistants etc.
He has been the Advisor –Career Development for the SIES group of institutions in Nerul and is also a regular visiting professor at his alma mater,i.e TISS .In the current academic year ,he has conducted several career guidance seminars for colleges, associations & such including those for special groups such as Municipal School toppers, children of taxi drivers & other economically backward people .Infact he specializes in offering online career guidance via the phone & email so as to reach as many people as possible who are often confused and at crossroads about their next career move.
He is also the Hon Director of the Computer Education Centre & Library project of the SHHPBS & is also helping in setting up a career guidance and personality development centre .He is a volunteer on www.karmayog.com and alsowww.allexperts.com and www.rediff.com offering career guidance to those who need it.
I am duty bound to share with you some of the notable projects that have been successfully implemented & currently managing across several NGO's in Mumbai & nearby areas:
1. Setting up of the 40 seater Library & Reading Room at After Care Home for Boys at Chembur with the support of Gemini Foundation who sponsored the chairs & table for the library .We have also set up a 10 seater computer lab for these children. Besides we could also arrange for new mattresses for all the children of the orphanage.
2. Ensuring a regular supply of essential food items & groceries and clothes on a monthly basis for the MHM Orphanage for Girls at Ghatkopar & MHM Orphanage at Ambernath ...Besides most of the educational requirements of these children too are arranged by us. We have also set up a small computer centre for them to enable the children to gain basic skills.
3. Regular educational support to the LEAD project at AIROLI which is mainly focusing on the development of children belonging to the lower socio-economic segments & slum communities. We have also arranged for 2 computers to enable the use of audio visuals in the teaching process.
4. Regular educational support to the Gnanmata Society which is mainly focusing on the educational & vocational development of Adivasi children belonging to the Virar Vasai areas. We have also helped them set up a computer centre to train these children in animation ,graphics etc to acquire such skills which could get them gainful employment .
5. We also set up Computer Education Centre & Library of the Shri Hariharaputra Samaj in Chembur. These projects were set up by me with the support of both the Samaj & a noted philanthropist Mr. Vinod Seth to cater to the needs of the needy slum children in the Chembur-Govandi-Mankhurd area.
6.Regular educational support to DREAMZ orphanage in Malad-Goregaon which is mainly focussing on the self development & education of children belonging to the lower socio-economic segments such as street children ,orphans & such deserving kids.
7. Catalysed the collaboration between Akanksha & HHPBS to set up a GURUKUL at Shankaralayam to enable personality development activities & coaching in school subjects for the poor & needy children of the Govandi Mankhurd area .
8. We have been regularly contributing library books for the FIDAIAcademy library which exists in several locations in Maharashtra & Gujarat working mainly for the educational upliftment of the underprivileged children.
9. We provide periodic support to Vinimay Trust ,Koparkhairne which is mainly focussing on the vocational skills development of children belonging to the lower socio-economic segments.
10. We actively support the Leaders of Tomorrow Project which aims at personality development of school going children who come from the lower socio economic strata of society..This project is being run across many schools in Mumbai & Thane.
11. We have been providing periodic educational support to institutions working for the needy children in Panvel such as Panchasheel Sankul Balgram & Jankalyan Ashram for Children & Midnight Scholars Project of the SATYA SAI FOUNDATION.
12. We have currently facilitated the setting up of a library for the underprivileged children Mermier Bal Ashram Koparkhairne (Navi Mumbai )& Mamta Charitable Foundation ,Pune.
13. We have currently supported Dharma Bharathi Mission
(DBM ) in the setting up of a common library for the underprivileged children of schools in Shivajinagar, Govandi & organizing English speaking classes at Dhyan Sadhana School, & providing school stationery to Maharashtra Vidhyala, Mankhurd .Further W have been regularly sending good quality old clothes to several projects recommended by DBM all over India .
14. We have been providing periodic support to institutions working for the underprivileged by arranging for clothes etc for GOONJ, Dharma Bharathi Mission & so on.
15. We have facilitated the setting up of a library for the poor children in the tribal areas of VIRAR-VASAI district in collaboration with the Learning Space Foundation .Besides we actively support them with educational accessories for the educational programme in these tribal area schools .
16. We have also currently enhanced the library resources at the Maharishi Dayanand Foundation Public Library in Dadar , Sujaya Foundation Library for the Poor in Marine Lines & the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Library in Chowpatty .
17.We have recently helped SILVER INNING FOUNDATION set up a LIBRARY for the senior citizens at MIRA ROAD by providing chairs, a water filter & plenty of books .Further we are regularly supporting Jeevan Adhar Seva Saunstha ,Santacruz with library books & medical accessories,mattresses etc to manage a day care centre for the aged & those suffering from ill heath .
18.We are currently helping Spandan,Ambernath & Adarshmay ,Chembur set up libraries cum reading rooms for the benefit of the underprivileged .We are stocking them with study books in science ,commerce & arts and also general interest books ,fiction and such.
19. We have set up courtesy GEMINI FOUNDATION a library & reading room for the benefit of the underprivileged children which is managed by Nasrugi Trust ,Chunabhatti We are stocking them with study books in and also general interest books ,fiction and such .Besides we have also provided the balwadi children with uniforms & all educational accessories
20. We have begun providing educational support to Prayas; who are working with the children of HIV affected families and also with MAASOOM who is encouraging the education of night school children who work by day and go to the schools in Parel etc.with clothes & groceries on an ongoing basis.
21. Catalysed the collaboration between Sujaya Foundation & HHPBS to manage the computer centre at Shankaralayam .Besides we are also focusing on personality development activities & English Speaking Skills for the poor & needy children of the Govandi Mankhurd area .Further we have helped Sujaya Foundation by donating 5 computers to their learning centre in Goregaon slums near Aarey Colony
22. We are supporting Utkarsha..an NGO working with education of slum kids & children of migrant labour in Raey road-Sewri area .Nerul Turbhe ,etc .. We are helping them set up a day care centre, library of story books, toys etc .We have already equipped them with furniture, clothes & such
23. We are currently helping Vidya Adhar Pratishthan ,an institution working with the tribal underprivileged children in the interior tribal areas of VIRAR district with educational materials ,clothes, teaching aids & food grains on a regular basis We have also set up a library & 2 seater computer learning centre for them for educating the underprivileged tribal kids .
24. We are currently helping a NGO Vidya Poshak who runs libraries for the underprivileged in rural India enhance their collection of library books across several locations in Maharashtra & Karnataka & have already donated many thousand college & general reading books to them already.
25. We have facilitated several underprivileged children identified by NGO’s like Big Gift Foundation, Dharam Bharati Mission & such leading NGO’s scholarships to go to school and are giving them all the stationery needs & such to enable them to go to school well prepared on a regular basis & also monitoring their academic performance .
26. We have provided educational support to Anugrah Vidya Mandir.,an orphanage in Ambernath ,ASVSS ( a day care centre for the underprivileged ) in Borivili & YOUTH FOR INDIA an NGO working in the western suburbs , Nivethan (Madurai ) & HOPE TRUST (Madurai ) .This has mainly been in the form of note books ,art & craft materials ,other school stationery to enable them to transition to school comfortably.
27. We just helped organize the ANMOL DIWALI MELA for around 1500 destitute & underprivileged kids at Wadala with the help of the AUXILIUM SISTERS .This was a day long event with fun ,games ,competitions, delicious lunch ,spot prizes and a takeaway gift for every child .Further we have started supporting 3 ANMOL institutions in Navi Mumbai ,Wadala & Utan with educational materials for all the school & college going kids .
28. We also helped ASTITVA Foundation at Jogeshwari organize a DIWALI Party for around 2000 destitute kids & underprivileged women where besides the Diwali Dinner ,we had several competitions & distributed prizes and also gave goody bags to all participants .
29. We helped HOPE TRUST, Madurai to set up a computer centre for the underprivileged & helping Vidya Poshak set up computer centers in various locations in rural Karnataka .
30. We also helped organize the Anand Mela for around 500 destitute & underprivileged kids at Maria Sharan Pune .This was a day long event with fun, games, competitions a takeaway gift for every child
31. Besides all the above support that we have provided to institutions, we have been directly supporting nearly 500 slum children across various locations in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai ( Chembur ,Deonar,Govandi,Mankhurd,Shivaji Nagar ,Wadala ,Chunabhatti ,Navi Mumbai ) in their educational pursuits at the schools & college’s level. The deserving students are identified directly by us & by interaction with the school principals. Most of this support is in the form of fees, books, school stationery, rainwear, school bags, nutritional drinks, health products...to name a few.
32. As the winter is severe in Mumbai this year, we have also distributed 400 blankets & sweaters across various needy people in the above organizations that we work with..
33. In the months of April / May 2011 we organized several entertainment programmes for the underprivileged kids as it was their vacation time. We distributed carom boards, indoor games, badminton kits, cricket sets, monopoly game, wooden tops, wooden puzzles & such to ensure the children enjoyed their vacations. We also organized some picnics for the kids & also had a annual VISHU dinner at Shankaralayam for around 300 kids . All this was truly possible with the generous support of our well wishers.
34 .Another major achievement during the 2011 vacations period was to add to the collect & equip the charitable library being run by MATUNGA GUJRATI SEVA MANDAL .We could collect nearly 500 new books (and some old in excellent condition) for the use of underprivileged kids .W also donated a computer to them for the use of teaching computers in an unaided poor school being run in Dharavi.
35. Since MAY 2011 end , we have started the process of distributing school stationery to all the underprivileged school & college kids both at the day care centers & the orphanages .Till date we have provided school bags, umbrellas, note books, school stationery such as pens, pencils, compass boxes, water bottles, tiffin boxes, crayons ,scales & such for over 2200 kids ..WE hope to reach around 3000 deserving kids by the end of June 2011.
Support us in our educational initiatives for the underprivileged at
Photos at: http://picasaweb.google.com/profrssmani
People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care!
Prof R S S Mani, HRM Educator & Career Mentor
(Reach me on 9821091435 Or firstname.lastname@example.org) .
VISIT US AT: